| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The programmer will work with both physicians and engineers to further develop a mixed reality platform to assist physicans who are performing minimally-invasive surgical procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility is to develop software in Unity (C#) to display real-time positions of surgical tools within the human body. This task will require creation and maintenance of a user interface, efficient display of 3D data using state-of-the-art rendering methods, and coding of network communication between hardware that determines tool position and the headset. All code must be thoroughly documented and stored in a shared repository.
- Meet with physicians to determine software workflow and functionality with the expectation that this software will be used in initial feasibility trials. This will require regular communication with the physicians who are using the software and an understanding of how the software is being used.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience with C#, Unity, Shaders, virtual and mixed reality programming, network communication protocols, medical device development or a demonstrated ability to quickly learn similar skills.
- BS in computer science or biomedical engineering or 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work independently, communicate with non-technical users (physicians), and develop high quality, documented, computer code.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Biomedical Engineering. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $55,770 - $75,289 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.