This is a senior level position that designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. This person will apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as vacuum chambers, sub-assemblies, systems, robots, machines, etc. They may be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. The Senior Mechanical Engineer needs to be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. They will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, perform a variety of tasks, and lead and direct the work of others. In addition, this position will interface with Sales, Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test to effectively lead the development efforts of our Deposition Equipment.
The Kurt J. Lesker Company is a dynamic, rapidly growing international manufacturer and distributor of thin film deposition systems and components for the vacuum technology market. Our products and technologies are used for various research and production applications, including: semiconductor manufacturing, automotive coatings, advanced optical technologies, aerospace applications, medical devices and solar cells.
Key Job Elements:
- Requires a high level of initiative, judgment, and discipline
- Create budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
- Design and detail mechanical components used in the KJLC product lines
- Create Bills of Material in the corporate ERP system
- Interface with Sales and Product Management to understand the market needs
- Interface with R&D / Scientist to focus the design around specifications / limitations
- Interface with our internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
- Interface with subcontractors and outside vendors to procure custom components
- Perform prototype assembly and testing of components and sub-modules
- Perform cost effective engineering exercises to reduce cost of current components
- Analyze production cost structures and delivery requirements
- Occasional Domestic and International travel is required