Electrical Engineer - Embedded Control Systems
Balionis Group, Inc. is well known for providing engineers and technology people to a variety of high technology firms. We provide direct placement as well as contract engineers.
We are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer for a permanent position within our client base. This position is permanent and is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position offers a huge learning opportunity for the right person. Although the description below looks to be varied and complex, the successful candidate needs to be proficient in only a subset of the skills, with the motivation and passion to learn what they don’t know.
Electrical Engineer responsible for the design, debug, and support of electrical hardware features implemented in the Medical Device. Additional responsibilities include development and maintenance of design documentation, test execution, and providing technical support to other departments within the organization. This is a mid-level engineering position that will work under supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical Engineer working on a team on research, development, and sustaining projects.
- Performs electrical design work that may include analog, digital, power, high voltage, and/or wireless circuitry.
- Designs, fabricates, and evaluates components or circuitry for use in electronic equipment.
- Conducts design studies for future generation products.
- Supports engineering and other departments on sustaining activities.
- Conducts root cause failure analysis on devices.
- Produces design documentation and executes test procedures.
- Works under supervision with work checked on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-12 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in electrical hardware design, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Technical experience or training in at least a subset of the following areas:
- High precision analog
- EMC / EMI
- High voltage / high current defibrillation circuitry
- On-board IC-based power supplies
- Printed circuit boards
- Wireless communication
- Hardware / Software integration
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- This position may be available at different career levels depending on experience, education, etc.
- Medical devices
- Handheld or wearable devices
- Regulatory compliance standards
- Demonstrated ability to complete product designs from the requirements phase to production.
- Proficient in the use of general engineering lab equipment including soldering stations, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
Upon request, the full position description will be released to the candidates.
Candidates need to be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Contact us for more information on the specific client and more details on the position description,
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.