Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high-quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Product Regulatory Attorney with FDA-law experience to join our Law Department.
This position is within the Law Department’s Product and Intellectual Property Law Support Group, which provides legal counsel on regulatory, product research and development, product quality and manufacturing, and intellectual property matters affecting Altria Group and its companies.
The selected candidate will provide strategic advice and legal support on a wide variety of domestic and international regulatory, product, research, quality and manufacturing issues. The position is located in Richmond, VA. The position reports to ALCS Vice President and Associate General Counsel.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Advising the businesses and their leaders regarding multiple issues of first impression surrounding the proper interpretation of evolving FDA tobacco product regulation under the recently enacted Tobacco Control Act of 2009 and on FDA’s likely interpretation and policies.
- Advising the business on FDA, state and federal and other legal issues surrounding product research and development, regulatory reporting, and premarket regulatory authorizations.
- Collaborating with other members of the Law Department to develop legal and regulatory positions with respect to FDA matters and other administrative agency processes. Working with regulatory affairs and other functions to draft such positions for submission to relevant dockets and for other regulatory communications.
- Assisting clients to ensure legal compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and other legal requirements impacting research and development, manufacturing, quality and FDA engagement, including the federal Tobacco Control Act, FDA regulations and Guidance, state and international regulatory reporting, product and packaging-related laws, the Master Settlement Agreement, and the Company’s Policies
- Advising the business on product, research, and regulatory requirements in support of international initiatives
- Handling special projects as necessary
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
To apply, please visit cantbeattheexperience.com and locate req number 16716BR or use this link to access the posting directly:
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.