At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 74,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The Associate Business Systems Consultant role is responsible for business relationship management support for our Abbott Diagnostics Global Service organization.
This individual will be the point of contact for IT with the business; brokers contracts between IT and the business; and resolves client and IT relationship issues
* Manages and provides expert advice on; the selection; design; justification; implementation and business use of information systems
* Analyzes business processes; elicits; analyzes; and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions; assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing IT technology components.
* Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads; coordinates / performs testing; verification; and validation of requirements
* Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies; developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
* Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
* Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities. Develops information systems strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
* Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete; conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance; productivity improvements; or revenue generating business benefits
* Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions. Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status; and inform customer management of progress; conversely; keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
At least 5 years of experience. Prefers 7 or more years of experience
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-2
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf