At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 74,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
Assist on the design, analysis, interpretation and documentation of statistical results. Provide statistical consultation to technical staff, management, and regulatory agencies. Responsible for the development of statistical procedures to ensure consistency and use of most adequate statistical techniques division wide. Develop statistical material and provide training to statisticians and non-statisticians.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear achievable purpose and scope
- Responsible for design and statistical methodology selection, sample size justification, randomization order and protocol acceptance criteria.
2. Statistical Data
- Assist study owners on implementing statistical methodologies as defined in the protocol and on defining alternative analysis strategies when changes are needed.
- Assist on data analysis and results interpretation.
- Assist on the software validation of statistical programs.
- Assist project team on data interpretation, inferences and documentation of statistical results.
- Assist peers to develop efficient designs, protocols and reports per agreed timelines.
- Presents statistical concepts and arguments to management, regulatory agencies and scientists.
4. Training, Mentoring
- Develop statistical modules and provide formal training to statisticians and non-statisticians.
5. Project Coordination and Regulatory Activities
- Responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of statistical inputs provided for regulatory submissions and development decisions.
6. Problem Solving:
- Identifies issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Encourages others to generate options for action to address and issue or problem.
- Encourage boundary breaking by challenging colleagues to question established work processes.
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Effective communication with various levels of personnel is required regularly.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stake holders to develop scientifically appropriate strategies.
- Effectively and persuasively presents statistical concepts and arguments to management, regulatory agencies, scientists and non-scientists.
BS in Statistics or related field with 9+ years, or MS with 7+ years, or PhD with 5+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- High degree of technical competence and communicative ability, both oral and written.
- Competent in experimental designs, sampling plans, equivalence studies, confidence and reliability testing and statistical analysis for test method evaluation
- Knowledge in appropriate statistical software such as JMP, Minitab or SAS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business concepts, procedures, practices, unit functions and cross group dependency/relationships.
- Experience working with complex problems where analysis of situations and data requires in-depth evaluation of various situations.
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring the coordination across organizational units.
- Participates in the development of others by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance. Could act as a mentor to less-experienced staff.
- Willing and capable of leading a team.
- Plans and organize project assignments of modest variety and complexity.
- Ability to initiate and maintain schedule for projects and milestones.
- Work without appreciable direction.
- Seeks guidance as needed.
Clinical Affairs / Statistics
United States > Roseville : 2825 Fairview Avenue North
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf