| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Security Analyst to join their team.
As the Security Analyst, you will:
- Assist in performing technical assessments and penetration testing of internally- and commercially-developed applications (web, desktop, and mobile), systems, and medical devices.
- Assist in evaluating and developing the security controls for IT solutions of all types (mobile, web, client-server, etc) both pre- and post‐implementation.
- Assist in responding to incidents across MSK including hands-on forensic system, memory, and binary analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of security vulnerabilities, threats, and industry best practices (both within and external to the healthcare industry).
- Participate in appropriate and relevant conferences and courses to maintain technical proficiency.
- Assist in managing and deploying large-scale security projects and initiatives across the organization.
- Actively participate and assist in managing organizational information security awareness and communications efforts.
- Assist in developing and managing various information security policies, standards, and guidance.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual personal education plan to develop and maintain currency of security-‐related skills, technologies, methodologies, and best practices.
- A strong, confident communicator who can interface with and provide security guidance to members of the organization across departments and at all levels as well as our external partners.
- Able to work and/or attend meetings in New York City, Middletown NJ, regional sites, or vendor sites.
- Flexible to work after hours, weekends and holidays when required.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- One to three years of related experience.
- Entry-to-intermediate level certifications that demonstrate a basic knowledge of security concepts (e.g., Security+, GSEC, CEH) and especially hands-on technical ability (e.g. OSCP) are a plus.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.