Why you Want to Work at the Performance Review Institute (PRI)
- Core applications are most critical part of the company's business and you will have high ownership and direct impact
- Super-smart, results-driven team, but with a laid-back atmosphere
- Full-stack, multiple technologies; systems are mature and robust but tons of opportunity to influence future architecture
- Get to lead and manage analysis and entire projects, but also do hands-on coding
- Work with a small (10-12) full-time team but also lead/liaise with onsite and offshore supplemental resources
- Start-up mentality but super-stable and secure company and high work-life balance
- PRI makes aircraft, medical devices, and transportation systems safer for the whole world
Designs, develops, tests, maintains, and supports web-based software systems.
- With general supervision, develop software according to requirements and using good programming such as scalability, robustness, maintainability, etc.; propose and implement best practices.
- Lead requirements gathering on enhancements, understanding internal and external customer desires; research latest technologies and architectural advances.
- Perform project management activities, leading small project teams; with review by teammates, lead screen, component, and data model design on small- and medium-sized enhancements
- Perform maintenance and support, interfacing with users to analyze problems and provide solutions, coordinating with support and development teams; execute tests and ensure code is defect free; participate in peer testing and coordinate with QA to design tests.
- Provide technical advice and training of users of the system; create system documentation and training material for staff and customers on new modules or enhancements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years experience in full project lifecycle software development; development expertise in at least one programming language/framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of object-oriented programming and analysis.
- Experience with Java/JEE, required.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- At least 3 years experience with relational database concepts and SQL, required; Oracle strongly preferred.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as required by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to work for long periods at a computer/desk.
- Standard office environment.
EOE/AA employer M/F/Vet/Disability. We offer competitive pay and benefits.