At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
This position manages the team that serves as the primary interface between Abbott Point of Care and our Suppliers, to drive for strategic cost savings, supply continuity, risk mitigation, and support the development of business unit innovation and growth opportunities. The position reports to Sr Director, Global Supply Chain.
He/she serves as the APOC procurement leader, decision-maker, and influencer to our Suppliers. Activities include sourcing, evaluating and selecting suppliers and vendors, negotiating supply contracts, maintain supplier relationships, and monitor quality and timeliness of materials and services supplied when escalated.
- Drive proactive procurement involvement in the Innovation planning processes with R&D, Commercial, Engineering/manufacturing to ensure that the complete development of APOC strategies for both the near and long term. Develops contingency plans as required to address uninterrupted product supply.
- Develop and manages the implementation of select cost containment and operational projects. This position will work to ensure the long range costing goals are met.
- This position will work with plant management and the Division Vice President of Operations to develop a strategic plan for the identification and justification for self-manufacture of certain products currently manufactured by third-party (TPM’s) contractors, or to outsource in-house manufacturing to TPM’s.
- This position will work with Abbott counsels to ensure contract integrity and minimize APOC business/legal/financial risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with divisional/corporate support groups (One Procurement, etc) that will result in enhanced teamwork and lead to the accomplishments of division and corporate procurement saving goals.
- This position is responsible for coordinating with the business modeling and sourcing functions that will analyze future production needs and capabilities and will alert Senior Management to short-term and long-term supplier capacity issues. Cost escalation will occur if these limitations are not identified in advance so capital expansion plans can be approved and implemented with the suppliers.
- Evaluate team capability and organization structure and make necessary change to align with business needs, drive performance and establish best-practice processes.
- Must understand commercial strategies for the Business Unit/Region to direct procurement efforts in support of cost savings, risk strategies and new product launches.
- This position will participate as the primary cross-functional team member representing APOC supply chain on project, promotional, and supply chain issue procurement resolution teams.