Advisory Researcher, Predictive Algorithms
Balionis Group, Inc. is well known for providing engineers and technology people to a variety of high technology firms. We provide direct placement as well as contract engineers.
We are currently looking for a Advisory Researcher, Predictive Algorithms for a permanent position within our client base. This position is permanent and is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position offers a huge opportunity for the right person. Our client is in the Medical Device Industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct applied research on predictive algorithms to advance the company strategy of improving outcomes for patients at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Collaborate with teams of Physicians, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Specialists, among others, to identify needs, define requirements, and develop complete, fieldable solutions.
- Lead the development of system architectures for training, testing, and deploying machine learning models.
- Keep abreast of pertinent machine learning research by studying published work and attending conferences.
- Manage aspects of research and development projects including scope, resources, and schedule.
- Act as technical advisor to others in the R&D organization.
- Share development processes, tools, and best practices with the R&D organization.
Education and/or Experience:
· Requires degree in computer engineering / computer science or related field with an emphasis on digital signal processing, machine learning / predictive algorithms, and M.S. or PhD preferred.
· Experience with distributed data processing, and big data analysis.
· 4 years of software team leadership experience in Product Development environments (medical device industry preferred).
· Demonstrated track record of delivering correct and performant solutions.
· Familiar with both waterfall and agile project management methodologies and able to apply when appropriate.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to influence and motivate team members across a variety of functions inside and outside of the R&D organization.
· Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask the daily tactics w/o losing sight of the long range strategies