Mechanical Engineer, Hardware
Omnicell has an exciting and challenging position for a Mechanical Design Engineer (MDE). In this role you will interface with all levels of Omnicell’s engineering team and adeptly collaborates with manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and cross-functional teams. The MDE will exhibit proficiency in mechanical engineering tasks, to support a variety of product development and test activities. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently within all levels of the organization.
- Leads major sub-system design and develop, interfacing with all related disciplines and stakeholders.
- Detailed design of mechanical drive systems, motor specification, pneumatics, sensors and engineering calculations needed to support such design.
- Specifies manufacturing methods, applying principles of DFM and support for Supply Chain Management.
- Works in medical device design environment applying Design Controls principles.
- Provides mentorship for junior engineers within the organization.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of working in a medical device development environment and familiarity with FDA and USP regulatory requirements.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as machines, robots, instruments, and controls.
- Expertise in a variety of manufacturing methods and ability to apply appropriate DFM considerations for given process
- Knowledge of designing experiments and creating procedures, and tests
- CAD Tools: Solid Works, or ProE
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (software package)
- Knowledge of 3D printing required
- Tool shop: mill, lathe, sheet metal forming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, with solid written communication skills
- BS Degree in Product Design or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years mechanical design experience
- MS degree in Product Design or Mechanical Engineering,