Are you passionate about optimizing extrusion manufacturing processes and striving to produce product of ever greater safety, quality and output? Are you highly motivated to deliver the best value for our customers through creative solutions?
If your answer is yes, then we may be looking for you!
Spectranetics, recently named one of the “Most Trusted Companies”, has an opening for an Extrusion Operator.
What You Will Do: You will be responsible for all details pertaining to the production of extruded tubing for use in our medical devices. You must be able to tear down and setup an entire extrusion line as well as troubleshoot the extrusion process. Your role will also be to inspect tubing dimensionally and functionally, maintain the extrusion equipment, and provide feedback to support staff.
What You Will Learn: Spectranetics attracts and hires the best talent on the planet! You will be working with a great team of dedicated experts and leaders in the Medical Device Industry who will support your continued growth. You will learn from your fellow Engineers, Clinicians, Sales Leaders, and other industry professionals about our state of the art products.
What You Will Become: A highly influential driver who will be key in helping achieve our mission of delivering consistent high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
What Success Looks Like:
- Full responsibility for machine operations including reading, interpreting and analyzing production orders
- Perform all set-ups and tear-downs for extruder(s)
- Read and understand tooling prints, part prints, processes and documentation
- Fill out documentation correctly
- Perform accurate manufacturing parts inspection
- Effectively use quality equipment such as gauges, tooling scope, micrometer, ruler and any other required tools
- Diagnose and troubleshoot basic processing parameters such as OD, ID, wall thickness, ovality, concentricity
- Understand material properties and their effects on quality and the process
- Perform basic maintenance on extruders and auxiliary equipment such as driers, melt pump, puller/cutter, quench tank, vacuum
- Achieve and maintain extruders with established cycle time and process parameters
- Responsible for keeping your work area clean and safe
- Accurately count and report production and inventory
- Order/maintain stock items and equipment spares
- Perform engineering runs for Performance Qualification (PQ)
- Assist with new product development including R&D projects
- Elevate productivity and quality concerns to appropriate resources
- Take initiative to be involved with leadership responsibility such as scrap reduction, cycle time reduction, setup reduction, and other continuous improvement as necessary
- Contact outside resources when necessary such as manufacturing engineer, quality engineer or other equipment support services
- Mentor entry level technicians and provide support to peers
- Establish an effective working relationship with operators, supervisors, and department support
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Minimum 5-10 years extrusion experience
- Must be detailed oriented and have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Technical Diploma, Extrusion
- Medical device experience
Agencies that submit a resume to SPNC must have a current executed SPNC Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Talent Acquisitions Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a SPNC Recruiter. All resumes must be submitted to the vendor portal under these terms or they will not be considered.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to individual filling this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the department and business change.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen to be hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.