|Type of Position||Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.|
Medical Systems/Devices Integration Specialist
(Senior Systems Administrator)
UI Health Care Information Systems is searching for Senior Systems Administrator to join a team supporting medical system/device integration for UIHC and affiliated Critical Access Hospitals. Work involves installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting problems with medical systems/device integration in a Microsoft Windows Systems environment. This position will provide server architecture, design, administration, installation, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance for enterprise systems. Duties include support for server hardware, operating systems, applications, updatesupgrades, medical device integration, and vendor management in a 7x24x365 mission critical environment. The candidates must be a thinker who is willing to keep up with new technologies, learn new skills and grow. The candidate must understand the importance of maintaining the stability of systems in an enterprise environment. Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends, both schedule and unscheduled.
SALARY and BENIFITS
- Permanent salaried position located at the UI Health Care Support Services Building, Coralville, IA.
- Salary range is $65,000 to commensurate plus a generous fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
- Check out https://worklife.uiowa.edu/ for the advantages of building your career at The University of Iowa!
University of Iowa Health Care is committed to excellence every time, caring with our minds, hands and hearts.
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in IT systems infrastructure development.
- 3+ years of experience in a position focused on systems administration of Microsoft SQL, IIS and Windows High Availability solutions.
- Technically fluent in server hardware and Windows Server administration version 2012 R2 or later.
- Practical experience with remote management tools, scripting, server clustering, system backups, and/or software and operating system patch management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively document procedures and instructions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with medical system/device integration including installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting problems with medical systems/devices
- Experience with Epic Client Systems Administration or systems administration experience in a healthcare environment
- Hands-on experience with one or more hypervisor technologies.
- Support of SAN-attached devices and tools such as Isilon, EMC VMAX and VPLEX, IBM SVC and A900R.
- Proficient in programming with a scripting language such as PowerShell.
- Practical experience using remote management tools.
- Familiar with server hardening methodologies and practical implementation experience.
- Certification such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and/or ECSM.