*This position can be based in US – Waltham, MA or Bethesda, MD preferable, but remote working may be possible.
*Europe- London or Budapest is preferable, but Sweden, Spain & Germany may also be considered.
Our multidisciplinary Modeling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modeling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
This role is an independent principal investigator of projects responsible for overseeing all aspects of project delivery; delegates project management tasks to mid-level and junior staff. Takes scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for use of best methods to address research needs. Oversees and participates in a large project portfolio. Innovates scientifically and produces output of high scientific quality. Assumes significant responsibilities for sales targets and client development. Reporting in to the Vice President, Modeling and Simulation, this role will supervise and mentor a team of junior and mid-level modelers.
- You will be scientifically responsible for the design and implementation of selected studies or mathematical models; conceptualize advanced model design and advanced study protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Successful candidate will review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable.
- You will develop and maintains client relationships and bring in proposal leads, manages proposal writing process and closes sales.
- You will be empowered to act as a guide and mentor to staff.
- You will have the opportunity to lead interactions with clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
- Review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable.
- As principal investigator / consultant, have final budget, deliverable and project timeline responsibility; identify scope expansion and need for amendments; serve as consultant to other principal investigators or staff on other projects.
- Brings in proposal leads, manages proposal writing process and closes sales.
- The opportunity to travel is approximately 10%, some international travel.
- Direct supervisory responsibility (coaching, mentoring) a globally dispersed team of junior and mid-level modelers.
- You must have a deep understanding of research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current).
- Extensive practical experience in leading implementation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses using mathematical modeling.
- Experience in the conduct of systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, and database analyses.
- Solid quantitative skills, including statistics and calculus.
- Advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics.
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation.
- Excel in handling client relations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must!
- The ability to supervise, mentor and lead a team of modelers.
Education and Experience
PhD with at least two years of relevant experience; or Master’s in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering with greater than seven years of experience; BA/BS in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering with extensive and high level experience. Degrees in other fields will be considered (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Epidemiology) with relevant experience of programming decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel with VBA.
Evidera is one of the preeminent commercial entities analyzing effectiveness, establishing evidence, and substantiating value of health treatments within the global health industry. Through its market leading portfolio of health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics and epidemiology services, it partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to optimize the market access and commercial success of their products. With an exceptional reputation and premium capabilities, we leverage our unparalleled knowledge of the global payer and regulator landscape and by developing, capturing and communicating the clinical and economic evidence that our clients require to successfully market their products. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities.
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our office locations have great amenities and frequent social events. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.