| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Research-Office of Intellectual Property department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
With multiple Nobel Prize winners, National Academy members, Howard Hughes Medical Institution investigators and over $300 million in research funding, Boston Children's Hospital's Technology and Innovation Development Office (TIDO) has been recognized as one of the top tech transfer offices in the nation. TIDO handles over 150 invention disclosures and enters agreements with over 500 academic institutions and industry partners on material transfer, licensing and research collaborations in therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices and healthcare IT software. This position will provide great opportunities to commercialize cutting edge scientific findings, catalyze new business ventures, manage novel intellectual property and engage with top investors and commercial partners. This role will focus on the growing areas of genomics, digital health and other cutting edge areas of research.
The Licensing Officer II will be responsible for:
- Evaluating Hospital developed technologies for commercialization potentials, developing intellectual property strategies, and marketing and licensing hospital intellectual property to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical companies.
- Drafting and negotiating complex material transfer, licensing and sponsored research contracts. Managing own portfolio of inventions and patent investments and working with attorneys to obtain patents for Hospitalowned technology.
- Participating in the design and implementation of programs and initiatives for increasing the participation of faculty and staff in technology transfer and increasing industry awareness of TIDO and the Hospital's technology.
- Participating in the Hospital's Technology Development program.
This role serves as Hospital representative in marketing, negotiating and securing transfer of Hospital owned technology to for profit corporations for its development and application
- An advanced degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Medicine and two to four years of technology licensing experience with associated deal sheet.
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- The analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems requiring the application of scientific or technical principles, theories and concepts and indepth, experiencedbased crossfunctional knowledge.
- Communication skills in order persuade and negotiate with others on important matters.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Research-Office of Intellectual Property
Schedule: Mon. - Fri.
Standard Hours Per Week: 40