ICON plc is looking for Health Economists to join our winning team named by Forbes as one of the best employers in America for the year 2017. We are a top five clinical research organization with stability, solid earnings and growth potential with 13,500 employees in forty countries globally.
Our Health Economics team is respected in the health technology assessment (HTA) field for the quality of their work and methodological innovations. Specializing in health outcomes research, with a focus on health economics, we undertake consultancy projects for a range of international clients primarily in the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate in Health Economics, Pharmacy or Public Health with 2 years experience working as a Health Economist. The candidate recruited for this role will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the department’s work and particularly to identifying and appraising data sources; using Microsoft Excel to develop computer simulation models (decision tree/ Markov based approaches) and statistical analyses.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An Honors degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent in a numerate subject (e.g. economics, mathematics, statistics, management science), preferably including a statistics component
- Microsoft Excel experience and ideally familiarity with one or more statistical packages – SAS, Stata or R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong desire to learn and to gain a deep understanding of the work of the department including international HTA processes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High self-motivation & leadership potential
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent retirement plan, health coverage, paid time off, income protection insurance programs, and staff recognition schemes. We care about our people, since they are the key to our success. We work hard to ensure that we provide a work environment that engages challenges and rewards our employees so that they can build successful careers at ICON.
ICON plc Company is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.