Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking a Staff Embedded Software Engineer located in Portage, Michigan. Hybrid or Onsite work options available
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ides, data, and insights to drive continuous improvements in a function.
What you will do:
· Develop embedded software for devices to be used by hospital staff
· Be a key contributor to the software development process for embedded medical devices
· Assist with architecture development of real-time and non-real-time software, owning the design, implementation, and testing of software modules
· Perform associated software development tasks such as requirements development, configuration management, issue/bug tracking and risk management
· Develop, manage, and maintain development tools and build environment
· Assist team with configuration management tools strategy/usage and act as interface to administrators
· Support configuration and release management
· Create and maintain infrastructure platform that facilitates continuous integration, automated builds, and automated build verification testing to support medical device systems and software solutions across multiple business units and new product development project teams
What you need:
· Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum 4 years of related experience
· Experience developing production software in a team environment using C, C++, or a similar language
· Understanding of software reliability, fault detection/isolation, and performance algorithm techniques
· Experience in HW/SW development for embedded Linux systems
· Knowledge of standard communication data protocols (UART, USB, I2C, Ethernet)
· Experience developing in a controlled environment under configuration management
· Good organizational, analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Additional Preferred Requirements:
· Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
· Working knowledge of software development methodologies
· Experience using toolchains, supporting, and developing with the following applications: Perforce, Jira, Bamboo, Git/Bitbucket, GitLab, Crucible, Crowd, Confluence
· Experience with DevOps, SysAdmin or System Administration, and Linux build servers
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK