This is an entry level sales position that will require you to learn our products, market and industry. Through determination, networking and market data, this position will seek out surgeons to educate, promote, market and sell these products in assigned geographic location.
Essential job functions:
Conducts regular sales calls in person to develop customer relationships and follow up on leads in order to promote, market and sell products. Prospects for new accounts and seeks opportunities to increase sales with existing customers. Listens to customer needs and suggests appropriate products/solutions.
Ensures that customers are serviced in accordance with company standards and policies. Ensures customer satisfaction and obtains regular feedback and continually works to improve processes and services. Resolves customer requests and complaints efficiently
Meets established quotas and sales goals.
Completes required sales reports, expense, and regulatory records accurately and promptly.
Mastery of arthroplasty procedures and differentiation of product offering.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline
0-2 years of previous sales experience
Ability to work in an operating room environment
Willingness to travel within your defined region
Willingness to relocate if/when the opportunity arises
Ability to master anatomy, pathology, procedures, products and application as evidenced by 90% pass rate on all competency testing
Must possess a competitive spirit and place a high value on ethical standards with regard to surgical procedures and patient outcomes
Must be a self-starter with strong time management and planning skills, have the ability to target accounts and achieve results through a daily action plan
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently
Must be customer focused
Excellent communication, negotiation and selling skills
Must be self-motivated and results oriented
A valid driver's license
Documented successful sales performance indicating consistent outperformance of peer group and assigned goals
Medical device or Business-to-Business sales experience
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK