Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as an HR Leader on the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Tipp City, Ohiocurrently has an opportunity for a Senior Business Human Resources (BHR) Manager. Tipp City, Ohiois one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S.Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 300 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Represent HR on the site leadership team. Provide input and guidance to the business from an HR perspective.
· Manage all aspects of HR. Work in the areas of employee engagement, talent management, compensation, employee development, change management and labor planning and forecasting.
· Coordinate the delivery of HR services through relationships with practice centers and service centers in Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Contingent Staffing, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits. Ensure business needs are met through quality, timeliness and effectiveness of all work delivered.
· Champion HR Excellence at the site. Develop roadmap for continuous improvement in metrics and assessment scores. Participate in Monthly Business Reviews.
· Monitor the pulse of employees and drive a high-level of employee engagement. Build an inclusive work environment and high-performing culture. Champion diversity.
· Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources. Develop proposals and recommendation to resolve new, complex, or strategically important issues.
· Work with leaders to proactively manage the staffing, movement and development of talent. Lead the talent management review process. Ensure pipeline of talent for critical positions.
· Manage the site's new hire orientation and onboarding processes. Lead local talent acquisition efforts around career fairs, universities and veteran recruiting. Oversee contingent labor relationship management.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
· Work with Occupational Health nurse to ensure that wellness programs, industrial hygiene, and employee medical files are consistent with Federal, State and Local regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
· Minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience with exposure to multiple functions (talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, talent management, training, employee development, etc.) required.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment required with a mature Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement culture preferred. Experience in the food & beverage industry preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of business financials and metrics as well as how HR can impact them.
· Able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and all areas of the company. Experience working in a shared service HR model is preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem solving, decision-making skills required.
· Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience needed to effectively deliver a wide variety of HR-related training to groups of both managers and employees.
· Ability to successfully influence others not under his/her supervision to ensure desired results are achieved.
· Bias for action, strong work ethic and desire to achieve excellence.
· Solution oriented. Can identify issues early. Comfortable working in an environment which demands business results.
· Please note - you will need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.