Clinical Research Coordinator I Non-RN Oncology FT Days
Location: Orlando, Florida
Academic / Research
Internal Number: 21035905
Clinical Research Coordinator I Non-RN Oncology- AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
Our 40-bed Cardiopulmonary PCU unit provides great opportunities to learn and grow with a caring specialized trained team. This unit cares for patients with cardiac and pulmonary needs such as pre/post heart catheterizations, pacemaker insertions, ablations, lead revisions, tikosyn and sotalol initiation, rapid atrial fibrillations, etc.
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Training opportunities for experienced Registered Nurses that are either looking to grow into a higher acuity level or working outside of the hospital setting that are interested in transitioning to acute care such as our Cardiopulmonary PCU unit.
Work Hours/Shift: FT/Days
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Execute and coordinate the informed consent process for AdventHealth Research Institute participants in clinical trials and research studies across multiple locations. This may require travel between sites and research laboratories, and/or the use of technology.
· Responsible for all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing eligibility, and coordinating the participation and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs.
· Coordinate research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve
· Provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies
· Coordinate or perform biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) and maintain HIPAA protected database connecting patient information to biospecimens used in research; perform patient chart review and data collection.
· Collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, Research Services, laboratory teams, hospital departments, and physician offices, to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
· Through collaboration with assistant clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems.
· Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents.
· Serves as the study-specific point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners.
· Collaborate with clinical research supervisors and staff to implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Institutes research division intended to meet standards. Ensures all patient-facing activities are compliant with clinical research standards and AHRI procedures.
· Maintain sensitivity to cost containment measures by conserving hospital supplies, equipment, and human resources while overseeing proposed project budgets from internal and external funding sources.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Specialized knowledge of the unique needs of patients in the assigned therapeutic areas undergoing treatment
· Specialized knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas as it relates to research and clinical trials.
· One to two years skill in human life sciences/biomedical research; physiological, cellular, biochemical, or molecular biology
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related field with no experience or
· Associates degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related field and two (2) years’ experience or
· Graduate of an accredited allied health certificate program with four (4) years of clinical research or healthcare experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) (per the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA))
· Other certification as applicable to clinical degree or program (i.e. medical assistant, medical technician, phlebotomy)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.