Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in St Paul, MN, currently has an opportunity for an Senior IT Business Analyst. The Senior IT Business Analyst will be directly involved in conducting analysis, documenting requirements, creating functional specifications, system configuration, testing and implementation of new and existing systems. This role will provide expertise that is critical in assisting with the identification of opportunities for the effective use of technology and the implementation of IT solutions.
Maintaining technology standards for development and maintenance of new and existing systems, makes recommendations for improvement. Specifically, Content Management System (CMS), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), High Performance Computing Environments, .Net/SQL custom development and other medical device product development and laboratory systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Primary responsibilities include:
● Transforms business requirements into quality documentation including detailed design specifications to describe program development and ensure traceability to requirements in validated quality testing system.
● Collaborates with internal customers to ensure user requirements are complete and concise, confirming that changes and enhancements meet specifications and user requirements
● Interact with the business to elicit, analyze and document detailed business requirements, create test cases and ensure quality through testing
● Performs business process analysis to define configuration requirements
● Provides solid test designs, develops test cases and execute test cases where applicable
● Develops business process flows for new system development or for process redesign
● Contributes to documenting end-user training and training as needed
● Provides support to existing applications and resolves business problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
7 + years of applicable Business Analysis experience in a Medical Device industry
2 + years of Mentorship or leadership experience
Experience with Validation Methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Scrum, Agile)
Provides training and support to junior team members
IIBA, BCS, IQBBA or IREB certification
Federal or FDA environment experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.