Medical Lab Technologist/Medical Lab Scientist AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Up to $10K Sign On Bonus (if eligible)
Day One Benefits
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time/Part Time/PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Reads, examines, and interprets complex test results
• Serves as a resource and addresses complex tests/procedures
• Manages instrument maintenance and troubleshooting practices
• Leads quality control and quality assurance testing
• Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned
• Assists with department orientation and trains medical laboratory staff
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• May assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
• Demonstrate competency in laboratory procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic laboratory procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established turnaround time goals
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Bachelors or Associates degree in medical technology or related science
FL technologist license (international applicants-license pending)
Must hold a certification from one of the following Medical Laboratory Scientist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Medical Technologist), or Medical Technologist (American Associate of Bioanalyst)
Performs complex diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens and interprets data.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.