• Demonstrates care for one another and respect for each person’s unique contributions.
• Works at alternate hospital sites or, Microbiology staff must work outside the department.
Finance: Cost Reduction, Expense Management, and Effective use of supplies.
• Contributes to positive budget initiatives.
• Time Management
Outcomes: Performance Improvement/Accountability.
• Proficiency Testing (PT) is performed in the same manner as patient testing maintaining performance guidelines.
• Performance Improvement.
• Adheres to the laboratory’s Quality Control policies and procedures.
Growth: Personal & Professional Growth
• Leadership Development.
• Regulatory Inspection Readiness.
• Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
• Associate’s Degree.
• State of Florida – Medical Technologist
• Three years’ experience required.
The Senior Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency validated laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate Medical Staff and Physician. Oversees the day-to-day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a supervisor and assists the departmental supervisor with leadership duties as assigned.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.