Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
$10K Sign On Bonus (if eligible)
Day One Benefits
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Second Opening- Full Time Nights Float 4-10s between West Florida Division hospitals
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
• Provides guidance to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area
• Participates in the evaluation of new laboratory techniques and procedures. Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned. Assists in the documentation and submission of required laboratory, departmental, and staff statistics/reports
• May assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical,
physical or biological sciences
• Must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
• Appropriate state licensure as required- Medical Lab Technologist
The Medical Laboratory Scientist II performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.