All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Scientist I performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
• Provides guidance to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Associates' degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training
• Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological
• One year of Clinical Lab experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• American Medical Technologists
• American Society for Clinical Pathology
• Medical Laboratory Scientist
• Medical Lab Technologist
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.