**This role comes with a $1,000.00 sign-on bonus!!!***
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that???s why we work hard every day to make a difference in people???s lives. We???ve united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It???s a lofty goal, but it???s one we???re committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people???s lives ??? and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
Banner Gateway Orthopedics is an energetic, busy clinic, serving a vast age range of patients from pediatric to geriatric. We strive to provide a customer obsessed environment and provide excellent patient care from phones to discharge. We are staffed with 18 surgeons/Physician Assistants, 8 MA???s, 3 radiology techs and numerous other high achieving staff.?? Due to success within the community, our practice continues to grow with the expansion of adding providers and staff in every aspect of orthopedic needs for our patients.??Our patients come to us from all over the east valley and we pride ourselves on the relationship we have with primary care physicians in and outside of the Banner Health system. Banner as an organization is constantly striving to improve the work environment and how we provide care to our community.??
Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. The clinic is conveniently located on the Gateway campus in Gilbert off the exit of US-60 and Higley road. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then Banner Gateway Orthopedics is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. As a Medical Assistant, you will be working directly with surgeons and physician assistants. You will get a chance to help improve quality of care, life and help patients get back to their regular daily lives after injury: rooming, casting, splint, triaging, etc. A career with Banner is great if you are just starting out, or have many years??? experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives!?? Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.??
Shift: Mon-Fri 8a-5p
Location: 1920 N Higley Rd, suite 20, Gilbert, AZ 85234
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients??? blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG???s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician???s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.