The AEMT-PRN provides appropriate, efficient and timely intra facility transport and providing the necessary basic life support care of the sick and injured neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients in accordance with hospital policies, local, state, and national standards of practice.
- Operates Vanderbilt Licensed ambulances while responding to emergent and non-emergent transports.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification.
- Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment is present, clean, and in proper working order.
- Performs and documents safe, efficient and accurate transport dispatch information.
- Assists with patient care and transfers to VCH in designated patient care areas within scope of practice.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (Required)
- TN Driver's License (Required) F endorsement
- Pediatric/NICU experience
- Licensed Advanced Emergency Medical Technician KY
Please click the link below to view our Angel 3 Ambulance:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US