Plans, directs, coordinates, and monitors all quality initiatives, policies and procedures within assigned department/s including but not limited to Quality Systems program, audits, monitoring of Laboratory Information System, monitoring status of staff licenses, training, competencies, and certification.
Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) by conducting various assessments and review at assigned locations/department to ensure each clinic/department is in compliance with applicable local, state and federal guidelines, including, but not limited to, the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) of 1988, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Der Norske Veritas (DNV) and other regulatory standards.
Confers with Laboratory Administration, Medical Director, and Medical Staff to ascertain Harris Health System (HHS) needs related to laboratory services while ensuring activities are in accordance with College of American Pathologists (CAP), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA), Der Norske Veritas (DNV) and other regulatory standards.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry and certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists(ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency (NCA)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):Five years experience as a Medical Technologist.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):Three years of Medical Technology management experience including Quality Systems
4. Equipment Operated:PCs equipment, Printer, Terminals, Analyzers
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, CRT , Medical Terms, Research, Statistical, P.C., MS Word MS Excel, MS Access
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training-Specialty:Microsoft Office; PeopleSoft (a plus)
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements:Travel between Harris Health facilities.