Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1188158
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai offers a culture of happiness, passion, and dedication. This is one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in California and in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Do you have a passion for helping human kind?
The Clinical Research Data Specialist II manages the data for assigned research studies. This will include, designing, developing, and creating ground breaking medical imaging systems in addition to being part of the team conducting clinical trials. The job will provide a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team involving optical engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, biomedical engineers as well as surgeons and other medical personnel. The Data Specialist will be involved in the development and possible commercialization of medical device technology. The position will also provide a chance to work on medical technology with far reaching and immediate impact on patients’ lives. The Data Specialist will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; development design, investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings (including developing independent presentations). This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
*This position is hybrid*
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May work with bioinformatics in the development and maintenance of clinical trials management systems including validation of systems.
- May perform basic statistical analysis in conjunction with a biostatistician. Manages data for research studies.
- Performs clinical data collection/abstraction.
- Processes clinical data using a range of computer applications and database systems to support cleaning and management of subject or patient data.
- Produces project reports and maintains the accuracy, integrity and security of complex, large computerized records systems.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains scalable python backend system code using the best system architectural practices.
- Develop and maintain frontend system using either PyQt or cross platform UI system of your choice.
- Collaborate with our engineering team to propose technical solutions to build and scale our clinical software system.
- Solve critical issues by coding in a hands-on and efficient manner.
- Design and implement platform architectures encompassing frontend, backend, database, cloud and devops subsystems.
- Develop test plans and implement automation testing. Write clean and commented code. Participate in code reviews and app demos. Attend weekly demo calls and daily meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) is required.
- Master of Science degree is preferred.
- Two years of related experience in a similar position is required.
- Ability to work in the clinical environment is essential (the candidate will be involved in data collection from human subject in the operating room environment).
Position requires working with computers for extended periods and the use of specialized laboratory equipment. Must be able to sit, stand and/or stoop for long periods. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds. Working Title:
Clinical Research Data Specialist II - Butte Lab - Department of Neurosurgery (Hybrid)Department:
Home Dept-BlackBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,800.00 - $110,000.00