Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020769
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Full Time, Tuesday - Saturday, Days
Sonic Reference Laboratory, Core Laboratory (Austin, TX 78728)
Sonic Reference Laboratory is the esoteric testing wing for Sonic Healthcare USA. We perform specialized assays that hospital and main laboratories do not. As a technologist in the Core Laboratory you will perform testing in the following areas: general chemistry, electrochemiluminescent immunoassays, special coagulation, isoenzyme electrophoresis, IFA, and ELISA. The Core Laboratory is a change of pace from the high stress hospital laboratory or overnight shift. You will gain new experiences with a unique test menu within a quality culture where we focus on lean processes to facilitate continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on a work environment dedicated to mutual respect where trust and team spirit are an integral part of our daily routine.
- Responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing with supervision.
- Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated.
- Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills/abilities to perform laboratory testing while maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to perform moderate and high complexity testing.
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Understands and operates test systems and take appropriate action, including supervisor notification.
- Ability to troubleshoot test systems and take appropriate action according to predetermined protocols.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality performance and documentation.
- Follows established policies and procedures for quality control performance and documentation.
- Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance programs.
- Participates in the laboratory continuing education program.
- Demonstrates efficiency by performing procedures rapidly and determining priority.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Operates equipment to maximize efficiency and minimize down time.
- Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
Bachelor degree or Associate degree in a science or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory Science by the American Society Of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent preferred but not necessary.
Preferred- One-year minimum of laboratory training/experience or both, in a laboratory performing high complexity testing.
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending
- Telemedicine, Virtual Mental Health, and numerous Employee Assistance Programs
- Free Basic Life, Accidental Death Insurance, Long-Term Disability
- Free lab work for employee and dependents performed at Sonic Healthcare facility
- PTO and Personal Leave
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.