Medical Assistant, PRN (As Needed) - Vanderbilt Lung Institute - Asthma, Sinus, and Allergy Program (ASAP) Clinic
Supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient's health care team.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair and nails. The field of dermatology has subspecialties including pediatric dermatology, dermatologic surgery, laser and cosmetic dermatology, and dermatopathology, to name a few.
Welcome to Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP):
We are the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treating airway diseases. If you have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care including testing, treatment, resolution and management -- all under one roof.
If you need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feel better fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airway diseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompasses evaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Allergies can prevent you from enjoying food, nature and pets. They can also make it hard to use many household products. We offer complete care to help you manage your allergies.
Sinus issues can cause trouble breathing, headaches or swelling in your face. We can help you find sinus relief.
Uncontrolled asthma can prevent you from being active and enjoying life. We can test, diagnose and treat your asthma, often in just one visit.
Monday - Friday; Days; however, this is a PRN (as needed) as business dictates.
ASAP Location and Hours:
Our main office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University and where the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood and Franklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking. We also are opening other clinics in Gallatin and Lebanon.
Travel to other clinics may be required as business dictates.
Shift Hours (West End Location):
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Directs and supports patient flow as well as unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
- Facilitates identification of resources to meet patient healthcare needs.
- Performs/assists with procedures according to organizational/departmental standards.
- Collects and documents patient screening data for the healthcare team.
- Assists with patient and family education.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
CLINICAL COMPETENCIES (NOVICE):- Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
ENVIRONMENT OF CARE (NOVICE):- Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency with set up and maintenance of patient exam room, supplies and equipment.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities. Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled