Medical Assistant - Wound Clinic
Sign On Bonus Available To Eligible Candidates*
Supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient's health care team.
Medical Assistant Sign-On Bonus:
- $5,000 sign on bonus to eligible candidate
*Medical Assistant Sign-On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
- The sign on bonus is available for this full-time Medical Assistant position.
- This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past one year.
- The installment will be paid out in one-time lump sum installment after 60 days of employment
Managing a chronic wound can be challenging for you and your family. The Vanderbilt Wound Center provides care for wounds that have not responded to treatment or need specialized care. We bring together specialists from several medical and surgical specialties to ensure that you receive the expert attention you deserve. Our team provides compassionate care using reliable, time-tested approaches while also embracing cutting-edge therapies. We can also help you navigate insurance systems to get you the care and supplies you need to heal.
This clinic is open Monday - Friday; Days. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click here to learn about our vision of Defining Personalized Care
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Assists with patient and family education.
- Collects and documents patient screening data for the healthcare team.
- Performs/assists with procedures according to organizational/departmental standards.
- Facilitates identification of resources to meet patient healthcare needs.
- Directs and supports patient flow as well as unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
CLINICAL COMPETENCIES (NOVICE):- Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
ENVIRONMENT OF CARE (NOVICE):- Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency with set up and maintenance of patient exam room, supplies and equipment.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities. Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments.
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled