Location: Port Jervis, New York
** 10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE **
*** 12 Hour Shifts Available***
The Med Technologist is responsible for performing laboratory technical duties such as patient testing and reporting. In addition, the Medical Technologist maintains equipment and quality control in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position works under the direct supervision of the Chief Technologist.
- Prepares patients and collects patient specimens for testing/processing in a timely manner.
- Records and reports test results appropriately.
- Performs computer functions to process test orders, print labels, input collection data with receipt times, credit/cancel orders when needed, and utilizes patient inquiry functions within the system.
- Prioritizes work appropriately with Stat testing performed within the established guidelines.
- Escalates critical results to the appropriate department/clinician in a timely manner.
- Assists in the Quality Control program activities such as quality control review, equipment maintenance and function checks; troubleshooting when necessary.
- Performs and records all required quality control testing including corrective actions.
- Communicates with laboratory staff to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Notifies the supervisor of any issues or concerns including supply replenishment.
- Serves as a resource and assists in the training of newly hired technicians as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous laboratory experience preferred. Valid New York State Department of Health license as a Laboratory Technologist National registration preferred (NCA/ASCP). Maintains the required number of continuing education credits annually.
Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.