All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Sign-On Bonus: $7,500
· Relocation Bonus: $3,000
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full Time
· Shift: Days- Shift may vary and will be confirmed at the time of interview.
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna, FL 32168
The role you will contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technician I performs various laboratory procedures, involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s).
The value you will bring to the team:
· Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized manner, and is properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as hospital policies
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with hospital procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
· Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or an equivalent term OR 2 years post-secondary education with a concentration in the subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or related field.
· Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement.
· One-year analytical, technical experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.