All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus
· Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
· Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
· Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
· Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Medical Assistant cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year of related work experience OR Graduate of accredited medical assistant program with completion of externship OR 6 months relevant experience within an AdventHealth facility
Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
National Healthcareer Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
American Allied Health (“AAH”) for Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
National Certification Medical Association ("NCMA") for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.