Location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Symptom Care Clinic - Basking Ridge, NJ
We are seeking Patient Care Technicians to become a part of our team of dedicated professionals! As a member of our Magnet- designated Nursing team, you will provide support to the inpatient nursing staff, while working to ensure comfort and safety for our patients and their family members.
Are your ready to take the next step in your career by joining our dynamic Nursing Support Team?
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building positive relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and address tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and passion
- Adept at building partnerships and working to meet shared goals and objectives
- A decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse and assist our patients in a timely, and efficient manner
- Handle situations with a high-level of integrity and compassion
- Responsible for taking vital signs, EKGs, and specimen collections
- Collaborate with the clinical team, providing assistance with procedures when needed
- Use basic computer and data entry skills
- A High School diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years of healthcare related experience in either a NA, PCT, EMT, Med Tech, Phlebotomist, LPN discipline.
If less than 2 years of experience, then a Nursing Assistant or other healthcare related certification within the past year and one year healthcare related experience (NA, PCT, EMT, Med Tech, Phlebotomist, LPN is required.
- BLS certification required by the time of hire.
Hours: 10 hour shifts, from 9am-7pm, Monday-Friday
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.