Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Internal Number: REQ-020992
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You've got a passion for patient care. You're personable, professional, and confident that nobody can find a vein like you. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
East Side Clinical Laboratory, a leader in the medical laboratory industry, is seeking a medical technologist to come join and be a part of their exciting, growing team. We are seeking a medical technologist for a full time position in our Chemistry Department at our Main Lab facility in East Providence, Rhode Island.
LOCATION: 10 Risho Ave, East Providence, RI 02914
HOURS: 7:00am - 3:30pm; Monday - Friday w/Saturday Rotation
FULL TIME: Benefits Eligible
Performs, reviews and reports laboratory tests that will assist in the diagnosing and treating of patients. Uses education and training for operating equipment and employing manual test methods. Performs quality assurance and control procedures in adherence with standard operating procedures, federal, state, and CAP regulations. Once trained, Medical Laboratory Scientists and Medical Laboratory Technicians working at ESCL are authorized to independently process specimens, perform tests, and release results (except those test results which may require secondary, supervisory, lab director or consultant pathologist review - see training checklists). Must be able to work independently in a methodical and organized fashion.
All you need is:
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology; or Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science with 1 year of Medical Technology training
- Clinical Rotation in the MLS or MLT program completed
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms.
- New MLS/MLT graduates encouraged to apply
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience performing high complexity testing within area of specialty
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
High paced environment
Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
May be required to lift, move and carry up to 15-20 pounds.
Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
Fluency in the English language.
Extended hours may be required.
ESCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ESCL is an Affirmative Action Employer. ESCL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EOE/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.