Location: New York, New York
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
In the Department of Lab Medicine and Pathology at MSK, we're taking daring steps to redefine what's possible! Our innovative clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow us to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry guides to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our Medical Technologists, Laboratory Managers, and Laboratory Directors. Our specialists also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms!
Interested in hearing more? Visit our Laboratory Medicine website to learn more about our expertise and review our videos:
- Inquisitive & Hard-working People: Laboratory Medicine
- A Day in the Life | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our Main Hospital Rapid Results Lab team!
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Adept at crafting partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives and goals
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Review requisitions and order entry orders to verify the accuracy of corresponding specimens, and enter required data into the computer
- Prepare specimens for testing or send out to another laboratory for testing using the laboratory computer system
- Maintain a complete, accurate, and organized file system, filing addition/correction sheets, requisitions, and reference laboratories' results according to laboratory guidelines
- Maintain an organized and secure supply area and reagent storage area to ensure easy access to reagents, chemicals, and supplies
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area
- High school diploma/GED + 1-2 years of confirmed experience
- Strong digital literacy in Word and Excel
- Excellent information leadership skills to communicate, explain, interpret, share, and present information to laboratory and hospital staff
Hours of Work:
Learn more about our Benefits! Pay Range:
- Full time, Overnight shift, 12 AM - 8 AM
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.